Need a bra for someone who can't lift her arms up to put them thru bra straps. Full figured. Any suggestions?

Can't manage sports bra or anything over head.

40

Answers

If your local hospital has a mastectomy supplies store, consult with their bra fitter. They handle more than just mastectomies. My surgeon referred me there after my recent cardiac surgery. The lady was very helpful and they had a big selection. I was clueless that I would be referred for a bra fitting. My doctor wrote an order just like for any other medical need. My supplemental Medicare policy covered everything he ordered.
Reply to anonymous439773

SueR...what about a front hook bra. As she is full figured, get one with wider straps to keep the pressure off her shoulders. I am full figure and these are the type that I wear. I wear the underwire, but some choose to get the front hook without the underwire (more comfortable). She may have a little difficulty but not like she would if had to lift her arms. Silvers (http://www.silverts.com/) seems to have a fairly wide selection. Hope this helps. If you need the full url for the bras please personal message me.  I have bookmarked the page. 0
Reply to Dusti22

Several years ago when I did something foolish and buggered up both shoulders and I couldn't reach my back I would just hook my bra in front around my waist, spin it around, put my arms in the straps, lean forward and pull the straps on to my shoulders... easy peasy.

I have terrible arthritis in my shoulders and am prone to back spasms. I can wear only front hook bras. I got my latest at Walmart. They’re so much easier to put on. Amazon also have bras with front zippers.

If a front closure full figure bra could work for her, look at ENELL bras.

They are awesome. BareNecesseties.com carries them. But if you have a better specialty store nearby - like one that carries Le Mystere level - they usually carry ENELL.
Reply to igloo572

How about a Halter Neck Bra, with detachable neck strap?
Fasten it at the front and scoopy it round to the back.
Adjust her decolletage (almost called it decopage). Then.
She could fling the strap round her neck and just fasten it at the front?

I am sure Amazon will have some - I will check

Good luck
Reply to BuzzyBee

This site has some nice front fasteners.

https://www.herroom.com/front-close,full-figure-(dd-),bras,38,66,001,25.html

:)
Reply to BuzzyBee

OK I'm confused, usually it is fastening them that is the problem but you are saying she can't put her arms in? How does she put on blouses? Is there someone who can help her dress?

I would definitely try front hook bras. It’s not really comparative to the situation but I used front hook bras after breast augementation, you can’t lift your arms up post-surgery for a few weeks & I had no trouble getting a front hook bra on.
Reply to worriedinCali

I found some delightfully comfortable, and easy to put on, strapless bras for any size on amazon. It's easy to put on either for the patient or the caregiver.
Reply to wildflower73