helenandbill Asked November 14, 2017

Incontinence is showing more for my father overnight. Any suggestions?

What works to keep the sheets dry in the morning?

16

Answers

jjariz Dec 1, 2017
The only one that doesn't leak is EXPENSIVE, but worth it for night. Abena Abri-flex M3 (M3 is the size-my DH is 185 lb). You can also use a booster pad (not a liner) in Depends, but the leg openings aren't as good as Abena.

Abf1202 Dec 1, 2017
When you need an under pad ,that is washable try talking to nursing homes nearby.Several of them discard their incontinent pads when the cover develop a hole .They still work.I used to work in a laundry room of Extended Care facility for 15years.

helenandbill Nov 20, 2017
Thank you everybody for sharing great ideas. He does keep a jug at his bed side; but has been going in it less and less. Decided to try to get him up earlier in the morn before he becomes saturated in his disposable. Also have been using a disposable with a liner. He is on meds for prostrate. The main thing is that he's trying and I love my Dad for that.

moecam Nov 17, 2017
There are condom catheter available - we dad was transported to NH in a 3 hour drive & that's what the ambulance personel used - worked great

tallpetsitter Nov 17, 2017
If the change is recently, have him checked for a urinary tract infection.

Llamalover47 Nov 16, 2017
Without knowing all the details, I would recommend:
#1 Adult male diapers
#2 Bedside commode
#3 Plastic bed liners
#4 Physician exam for enlarged prostate

Jazzy2 Nov 16, 2017
Costco had a sale recently on children's bed pads and, yes, I found them to be much larger than the typical medical supply. I got them for $20 each. Not sure how much they usually run. I've tried double depends. Thanks for the idea of using a pad underneath.

RayLinStephens Nov 16, 2017
If you mean, just the pads - that's how you find it. Incontinence bed pads.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=incontinence+bed+pads++&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aincontinence+bed+pads++

It will bring up washable and disposable.

I even keep a couple in my car - just in case. So far, no problems. But it makes my DH feel safer.

Lindaocu87 Nov 16, 2017
Sorry but I want to ask about the waterproof washable pads bought on amazon. Can someone tell me how that is listed on Amazon, so I can find it?? Thanks

RayLinStephens Nov 16, 2017
I have pads on all the furniture - found them cheap at a Medical Supply online. I also have a waterproof mattress protector.

Now, since DH spent so much time on the couch, I don't use the fitted sheets on the bed - I have the waterproof mattress protector and just lay a flat-sheet on top and he sleeps on top of the topsheet. He has several 'fuzzy' blankets which he loves for covering him. You'll still need to wash the sheets, but if you use the bed-pad, you won't have a full set, only the top sheet.

Sorry I can't be more help.