Start with the social worker in the nursing home. Your sister has a trach which means there are very few nursing homes in the state. Be prepared to place her miles away if this is your wishes. We're you the person who OKd the placement? You would have been told this. You should have had the opportunity to do a site visit prior to transfer. If she is not private pay, she will be placed on a wait list. If it is Medicaid she is on, it may take months.
One other comment is that nursing homes are not like hospitals. The staff ratios may be different.

I suggest that you do as JoAnn says. Do some research, find a place that is suitable and start working on a transfer. Ask a social worker to help you. Ask at the new facility about transferring from another facility. They can help you too.
Reply to NeedHelpWithMom

Your profile says shes in an assisted living. That’s not the same as a nursing home. I certainly hope she’s NOT in an AL and if she is, she definitely needs to be moved.
Reply to worriedinCali

Is she private pay, then find another place and transfer her. If on Medicaid you may need to call her caseworker and ask how that will work.

I am surprised you found a nursing home that would care for a trach. My daughter has worked for some that refuse to except a patient with one. So I would call around and visit NHs in the area and make this your first question, do u do trachs.