My parents need help at home, their house is large so I could live there and help. Do they have to charge rent and pay tax on the income? - AgingCare.com

My parents need help at home, their house is large so I could live there and help. Do they have to charge rent and pay tax on the income?

1

Answer

no, your the kid moved back home to help the folks. but its up to your folks if they charge you rent and how much.

• 401(k) plans are one tool for saving for retirement that financial advisers urge Americans not to forgo. If your employer offers one of these programs, opt in as soon as you can.
  • Bells are ringing all over town as charities ramp up appeals for holiday donations. Use these simple strategies to give confidently and maximize your charitable efforts this season.
  • A roundup of web-based and mobile financial tools that will help you monitor your money, budget better and save more.
  • Tips for how caregivers can talk about money and finances with elderly parents. Financial discussions shouldn’t be taboo as your parents age. Failing to talk about money matters with your parents could put you in a difficult position when it’s time to take over their financial decisions.
  • There are undeniable benefits to purchasing an annuity, but there are many different types. Careful planning and consideration are required to find one that is the best fit for your financial situation.