Good afternoon,
Our elder law attorney advised us to separate their accounts and to file separately for Medicaid.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to Treeartist

You may also want to look into your states veterans homes or talk to a veterans service officer. There may be benefits that the veteran is eligible for that could assist with payment or placement in a veterans home at no cost or a reduced cost.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to EmmaSue

The best bet is to consult with an elder care attorney. there may be additional things that can be done. Separating finances is only one of them.
I can tell you that I set up the separate accounts years ago and it has helped with the guardianship and the courts requirements.
Medicaid will not doubt have its own guidelines.
best of luck.
Helpful Answer (1)
Reply to OldSailor

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter