She developed a very serious rash from wearing adult diapers before. For several months she has not been using them and it took a couple of different treatments by a dermatologist to finally clear up the rash. Recently She had an accident at her adult center and we thought we would try depends during the day while she’s there. However, the assisted-living has noticed some small spots of the rash again after only a couple of days of wearing them only during the day.
Reply to MTKendel

Yes, my MIL gets some sort of cream down there...I think very similar or same to Desitin.
Reply to Geaton777

We have a baby at our daycare who breaks out from any diapers other than his. I believe the dad told us they use organic diapers—the Target brand. You may want to check at your local Target to see if they have adult incontinence briefs in their own brand.

When you say your mother is extra sensitive, what is the problem with regular Depends? Does she find them uncomfortable, develop a rash, is her skin very fragile, what kind of different product should we be looking for?

I'm puzzled, because virtually all of the customers for these products have sensitive skin - they tend to be very elderly, and very elderly skin is fragile and prone to breakdown. That's the only reason I'm asking for more specific information. It may be that there is a different condition that needs treating, for example.