The dementia has made my loved one violent physically and mentally. The nursing home sent him to the ER and said not to come back because they could not care for him.

Find Care & Housing
Get a lawyer.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to Cats4Ever

Yes, need more info. Never heard of a facility requesting a year to be paid.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to JoAnn29

Perhaps you loved one needs a psychiatric assessment to help figure out what meds can be used to give him some calm. Sometimes those assessments are best done in a "senior behavioral inpatient setting" or psychiatric hospital.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say that the facility is making you pay for a year? Do you mean that you haven't been paying all along? Or that they are making you pay for the next year? I'm confused.
Helpful Answer (7)
Reply to BarbBrooklyn

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter