He complains a lot about pains: back, knees, shoulders, thighs. He is having episodes of blurred vision. His eye doctor told him it is not related to his eyes but his brain. He lives by himself in Natalia, Texas, while I teach here in Houston and visit him every two weeks, but I am worried about him and If I can be eligible to take care of him, with compensation, I can quit working here and go home. He is a US army veteran.

Nope, a spouse is not able to collect pay for caring for their spouse.

Is it possible as MAC asked to move him closer to you? If he is very ill he may qualify for a veterans home.

He can file for VA aid but he had to serve in a war. You need to help him with this. The aid will not be enough. You can call his local social services to see what state aid will be available. That may be in the form of a few hours of assistance each week. Still not full time.
You can quit your job but there still will not be enough. Plus you lose your medical insurance.
THe last bad part is if he is unable to care for himself, gets injured and someone calls social services and finds your absence, that could trigger the state to take over.
Is it possible to move him closer to you?