My husband has Health Springs insurance. This is the only insurance he has. His only income is social security. Will H.S. pay for his care? - AgingCare.com

My husband has Health Springs insurance. This is the only insurance he has. His only income is social security. Will H.S. pay for his care?

1

Answer

If Health Springs is health insurance, and he's not old enough for Medicare, I think they would pay for his health care, but not likely anything else. The only insurance (in general) that pays for nursing home care is long-term care insurance, which is a separate policy. Please check with this company to see what he qualifies for. If he is over 65, he should qualify for Medicare. This is not Medicaid - insurance for those with little or no assets. If he has few assets, he may qualify for Medicaid, but that means he must have very little. You can check into that by calling your county Medicaid people, or going to the site www.medicare.gov.
Take care,