My grandmother is coming to live with me in the state of Forida, she is from Illinois. How do I apply for a caregiver for her and get paid for it. - AgingCare.com

My grandmother is coming to live with me in the state of Forida, she is from Illinois. How do I apply for a caregiver for her and get paid for it.

My question is how do I apply for a caregiver for her and get paid for it. She lived in a nursing home.

2

Answers

Does Grandmother qualify for Medicaid? That is the only program I know of that covers some caregiving expense.
Reply to jeannegibbs

In all the posts on this page about being paid to caregive, no one has ever been very hopeful. Most states don’t have any programs for paid caregiving. I know Ohio doesn’t. It’s been suggested that the person being cared for pay their caregiver out of pocket. I would be very careful about that, though. You may want to contact an attorney to make sure everything is legal and legit. You don’t want anyone accusing you of stealing from Grandma.