My grandmother is already a senior and she has this thing where you have to be careful what you say and how you say it, one wrong word and she thinks you're angry at her! Also she tends to make up stories of family members that aren't true, it ranges from accusing one of being uncooperative to one being aggressive with her, I have bipolar depression and she's constantly not picking at me but can't say nothing due to the fact that she takes it as aggression.

You may want to have her tested for UTI. Twice now that is the way I've discovered my Mother had an infection.
Within a few days of antibiotics she was nicer.
Reply to Charlotte117

Do you take medication for your illness? How are they working?

When people have a mental illness themselves, it is often difficult to navigate when dealing with a person with dementia. I do not have the same issues as you but the delusions and lies used to set me over the edge. My son has add, anxiety and depression so it was easier for him to limit interaction with granny than to get more upset.

If I were you, I would limit my time with her. Focus on your own health.
Reply to tacy022

CML, this article will help you understand what your Grandmother is dealing with if she has dementia. https://www.agingcare.com/articles/how-to-handle-alzheimers-disease-lying-144204.htm There are more articles if you click on CARE TOPICS in the upper right on the blue/green bar.

Also, an urinary tract infection can mimic dementia, so have someone take Grandmother to her family doctor or to an Urgent Care where a test can be done. The treatment is antibiotics.

Anyone that has personal contact with a person with dementia MUST learn not to take ANYTHING personally. It is part of dementia.
Reply to gladimhere

She has Dementia. Paranoia is part of it. Sounds like anxiety and there are meds for that.