My father's health is failing and we are not allowed to see or talk to him. Are there any legal means to get us visitation rights? - AgingCare.com

My father's health is failing and we are not allowed to see or talk to him. Are there any legal means to get us visitation rights?

I am one of seven siblings. My Mother and brother reside at the family house. Are there any legal means to get us visitation rights.
Cwhasfaith

8

Answers

Sorry for the loss of your father and the difficult circumstances.
Reply to 97yroldmom

I'm so sorry, and I hope you got to see him.
Reply to talkey

Thank you for the replies. My Father passed March 23. He was a wonderful loving man. Heaven gained another angel.
Reply to CWhasfaith

Check out the website Kasemcares.org They also have a Facebook page.

This organization has worked to pass laws in several states - with legislation pending in many others - concerning this issue and other elder rights.

They have a phone number you can call or you can contact via email for help and information.

I am not affiliated with this group in any way - just impressed with the work they do.
Reply to Rainmom

Wow. Was their any reason given? Are their details you aren't sharing? Did a battle between you ensue at some point? Does your father WANT to see you? I would absolutely contact an attorney!

Adult protective services might be able to negotiate some. Worth a call!
Reply to surprise

Have you sought legal advice from an attorney?
Reply to Sunnygirl1

CWhasfaith, sorry your question hadn't been answered. I am moving your question back to the front page.