My father is in the hospital, he has a peg tube with 24 hr restraints due to falling out of bed. It's hard to find a rehab for him. Any advice?

My father had a stroke on June 14th. It's getting hard to find a rehab for him with the restraints on. They're not accepting him with them on. Any suggestions?

3

Answers

Does your father have an Advanced Healthcare directive? Does he have a diagnosis and prognosis regarding his condition? I'd discuss the matter with his doctor, if you are the Healthcare Power of Attorney, to get all the options and what might be the best one for your father, if he is not able to make those decisions for himself.
Reply to Sunnygirl1

THe hospital will eventually deal with it possibly with finding the right medications. Restraints are a big issue with rehab and nursing homes. Dad is tying up a bed and it is best in everybodies intrest to get him discharged

After my mom’s stroke she went to rehab that was within a nursing home, also with a feeding tube. No way they would have accepted her with restraints as nursing homes are pretty much forbidden by law from using them. Any way there could be a trial of seeing if your dad could do without them while in hospital? Pillows can be used as bolsters on each side to help prevent falling
Reply to Daughterof1930