My father in law is being assessed by a benefits specialist from ARDC. He is being discharged next Wednesday. In the state of Wisconsin what is available in the home? - AgingCare.com

My father in law is being assessed by a benefits specialist from ARDC. He is being discharged next Wednesday. In the state of Wisconsin what is available in the home?

Benefits specialist is from Aging and Disability Resource Center (ARDC) in Wisconsin. The social worker and nursing home recommend someone be with him 24/7 but that’s not possible. I feel like I am failing him but I am currently in Illinois taking care of my mom does anyone know what they could offer him for assistance

4

Answers

Thank you everyone

Staffbull
It happens in life like that sometimes. Each couple has four parents and many times they all start needing help at about the same time. We don’t plan it that way but it happens. Hopefully the assessment will suggest resources that will fit FILs requirements. Take a breath and realize you are doing the best you can.

The benefits specialist is going to assess what level of care he needs and what resources are available.

From the Wisconsin website, it looks like there are a variety of services provided, both in home , adult day care and long term care.

Do you know what the specific recommendations from the rehab social worker are?

How are you failing him? Does your spouse feel as though s/he is failing him?

I don't have an answer for you, but I am hoping someone who does will see your question.