My dad is Medicaid pending aka POOR AS HELL and the hospital says he needs to pay $3,000 before he goes to the NH??? WHAT PART OF MEDICAID PENDING DO THEY NOT GET? He's not even allowed to have $3,000!

It sounds as if you were given a verbal bill which is not right. When he is discharged, a bill will be sent out. You are not obligated to pay. Let the details be worked out by them. Do not sign a single form.

Your Medicaid case workers name and phone number should be on the paperwork you received from Medicaid with the pending number. They will be able to give you answers on how to handle bills.

He's going forever. He's very disabled and unable to live alone

Is dad in the hospital and going to NH as a rehab patient?

When Mom was Medicaid Pending the Medicaid person I was working with told me not to pay anything. They would pay all expenses 3 months prior to my application date, and if I paid any bills from rehab, ambulance, etc, that I would just make the final calculation or reimbursement more confusing. Talk to your Medicaid contact and tell them the hospital is asking for money. You may just need to provide the hospital with the Medicaid case number.