The court appointed a guardian and conservator for dad. The guardian has gone over her powers and told us that we could not visit with my Dad in his room. Can she legal tell us where we have to visit with our Father? - AgingCare.com

The court appointed a guardian and conservator for dad. The guardian has gone over her powers and told us that we could not visit with my Dad in his room. Can she legal tell us where we have to visit with our Father?

My Dad had to go into an Assistant Living. I had a POA and filed to be his Guardian because the POA only cover finance. The guardian has gone over her powers and told us that we could not visit with my Dad in his room. This is in the state of Georgia. Can she legal tell us where we have to visit with our Father? He does have Dementia.

2

Answers

Where can I find where it states that she can not legally do this.

I don't understand why the court would have to appoint a guardian in the first place, and why didn't the family decide this. But anyway, you said it yourself she 'has gone over her powers' so if that's true then the answer is 'no' she can't legally stop you from seeing your father.