I am my brother's primary caregiver. The problem, my brother's ex's parents believe they can live in the same house till death. Is this true? - AgingCare.com

I am my brother's primary caregiver. The problem, my brother's ex's parents believe they can live in the same house till death. Is this true?

5

Answers

Whose house is it? If brother's why Didn't they move when he and ex separated. I am assuming they mean their death's. This only happens if they have a written agreement or it's in his will. True ex: woman remarried and she owned the house. Her Will read if she died before him, he was allowed to live in the house until his death. At that time the house reverted back to her children.

If this is his home and the ex and parents lived with him, then ex moved out so should have the parents. Unless, he told them they could stay until his death. If there is no agreement, he may have to evict them.

Until whose death?
Reply to Eyerishlass

who owns the house?
Reply to CarlaCB

Brother's ex wife's parents? What business is it of theirs? Or are parents living in the house? What am I missing?
Reply to gladimhere

Brother's ex parents?