My 70-year-old brother has been sick for years and isn't going out because of depression. How can I get him involved in senior programs, activities and socialized with peers? - AgingCare.com

My 70-year-old brother has been sick for years and isn't going out because of depression. How can I get him involved in senior programs, activities and socialized with peers?

fear of people on street think needs an activity program for senior to go to....he thinks he need a psychiatrist...i think he needs activities, socialization w/peers of his age 70yrs old etc. recommendation

1

Answer

I think you're both right. If he has depression and you said he's afraid of people on the street, then he needs some sort of medication. After that though, he also needs some sort of activity that he likes, maybe at a senior center like you said. But it could be the whole 'you can lead a horse to water' thing. Good luck.