He spent hours in the dentist's chair the first time this happened, but now the tooth that was replaced then, and two more, have also fallen out. We'll talk to the dentist and doctor of course, but wonder about anyone else's experience on this front.

Thanks, folks, I figured it was probably mostly related to bone loss. This aging business is not for the faint of heart. Cheers to you all.
Reply to Vanistan

My Dad started to lose his teeth when he was 85. He did have some exposed roots dealt with when he was 87, now at 91, he does not give a hoot about his teeth. He is missing many, will not go to the dentist and does not care that he is snaggle toothed.
Reply to Tothill

Yes, he is losing bone. Cannot be corrected.

My granny lost all the bone in her jaw from osteoporosis and her teeth. We didn't know what was happening when it 1st started.

She broke her jaw chewing and that is when we finally found out what was going on.