GP filled a form in for council tax discount he stated no mental impairment even though she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in March. He hasn't seen her in over a year and obviously hasn't read her medical records. Is there anything I can do to change his statement?

Have the medical records from the other Doctors forwarded to her GP and ask him then to complete the needed paperwork based upon new information.
Depending on what the form is for (I am not sure what a Council Tax Discount is) you could ask the doctors that provided the diagnosis to complete the forms needed.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to Grandma1954

Yeah, talk to him/her, just very nicely point out that you are "confused" and think there must have been a mistake. You might want to go in armed with the paperwork from the mental health team.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to cwillie

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter