My Mother on hospice with liver cancer is barely drinking and not eating. What should I do? - AgingCare.com

My Mother on hospice with liver cancer is barely drinking and not eating. What should I do?

My mother is home on hospice with liver and lung cancer... She is barely drinking and not eating... We are getting her up to put her on the camode.. Her throat is starting to swell... But she sleeps and then wakes ups... She moans and wines alot... She has been getting that ativan...once she will get the morphine... I don't know what else to do... They don't want to keep giving her the morphine to keep her relaxed... They think the ativan will be ok... What do I do.. How long does she have...

16

Answers

Lol u need to... Same here at night it was like 5 out side.. All the snow was frozen solid.. Very cold

I love hot chocolate, too, and since it's getting cold in Delaware, I'm going to stock up on it!

U sure can.. Hot chocolate is always good when it is cold out... My daughter loves it... ��😃😃😃😃😃😃😃🌹🌹❄❄😊

My nephew and I can drink lots of hot chocolate with marshmallows and whipped cream together.

That is a very good idea... I'm glad ur going to have fun this winter... It's very cold here... My mother in law passed away this morning... Thank you for talking to me...ur a very sweet lady...

I'm not a very big fan of snow but I found some snow boots on this web site so I think I will order them. I can always build a snow man with my nephew once I get to where I am going, and I also might want to look into an adult trike or a recumbent once I get there.

Well I'm glad you found a place that you will like.. For you and your kitty.. I have a little dog.. She is about 5 lbs... Her name is Sophie... She is such a lap dog.. Today it snowed here all day... I don't like the snow.. Do you... Do you like the cold weather... I don't like to drive in the snow... I'm sure once you move you will meet some nice people and you will find a friend... Find a friend who has a kitty and they can be friends as well...

I live in Delaware but will soon be moving upstate to Mount Pocono, Pennsylvania; I will be about an hour and a half from New York City so I can get Bailey (my kitty cat) in commercials. I'm 62, and the time has come for me to go off to senior housing. I started padding (living in an apartment) some six years ago, first in an awesome Bellefonte complex in Delaware with two girl cats, and later got this awesome Toyota Corolla car, a 2007 dark blue one. I later move to Newark in a convenient location but not as awesome as Bellefonte with a boy cat plus two girl cats. And you are right, Nikki, you have to be careful when you walk around and be suspicious of what's going on. Living alone can be hard, and it takes a lot of adjusting. In senior housing, I will be with a bunch of those getting up there; I will probably be the youngest of the bunch there. I think my new place will be both senior and disabled housing, and if there are younger people there, it will help keep me young

U r more than welcome cak2135..living alon can be hard.. You really need to be careful.. What state do you live in... I'm in Chicago.. So I have so deal with all the snow.. I'm 33 so I still try to be careful.. Just the way I show my daughter.. She is 7.. Ur little kitty sounds cute... I love pets... Pets make us live and feel good about our self's.. As for ur new apartment I really hope you like it and it will help u from not injuring yourself as well....

Thank you, Nikki, for making me feel good. I am 62 years old, and will be heading for senior housing soon; it is time for me to do so. I fall quite a bit, I have balance issues, but I can cook simple meals for myself, I have a black and white tux kitty living with me; he is 5 years old, and very beautiful. The last fall occurred about a month ago; the left side felt a little tender, and I wasn't hurt, but it sure scared the heck out of me. I am hoping for a walk in shower in my new apartment. As for the cooking part, I have made some complicated meals, too.