She needs 24 hour care. All her regular bank accounts are depleted and I don’t have access to her IRA account, so I have started the process for guardianship through the court. Will I need to get an attorney or can I just use the lawyer of the day when the case goes into court? Thank you -William

When I filed for guardianship the lawyer I hired was considered to represent my wife and did all of the necessary filings. He did guide me thru the process and it went very smooth. They are still on the mailing annual mailing list.
Helpful Answer (1)
Reply to OldSailor

Williams, I found this article here on Aging Care regarding Guardianship:
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to freqflyer

Here is an article from this website that may answer a lot of your questions.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to AlfredR

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter