My Mother doesn't want to live with me but she doesn't receive income to live on her own. Any advice? - AgingCare.com

My Mother doesn't want to live with me but she doesn't receive income to live on her own. Any advice?

Looking for a place based on her income. I need help.

4

Answers

All the answers are helpful, and I thought of another... Can she draw off of a husband, or get disability? Best to you for beng there.

Your nearest HUD office or county social services can help her.

Except for financially, is your mother capable of living on her own? Does she need and help with activities of daily living?

Is she not eligible for Social Security?

She needs financial assistance, apparently. To see what she is eligible for, contact your county's Social Services (welfare) department and ask for a needs assessment. Perhaps she can get on a list for subsidized housing. She is very lucky to have you as a safety net while she is waiting for whatever help may be available.

More info please