Was looking to see if there is monetary assistance for assisted living.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
Some states have a waiver program through Medicaid, but the person would need to be on Medicaid and qualify for assisted living. Not every state has the waiver; some of the lists for services are very long. Some states offer Section 8/HUD housing usually in an apartment style community that is lower cost, but it's not usually higher level of care like assisted living. However, some retirement communities do have transport options available and may offer add-on services at additional cost.
Medicare does NOT pay for assisted living or for custodial/long term care in a nursing home or skilled nursing facility or free standing hospice. Medicaid will pay for custodial services if you meet the income and asset guidelines for your state. If you have a spouse or assets above the guidelines, you can consult an attorney familiar with elder law and the Medicaid laws in your state to see if there are options available to spend-down to qualify for Medicaid.
There is some assistance for Veterans/surviving spouses of those who served in certain periods of time - you can contact to see if you qualify.
Helpful Answer (0)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter