They have her Medicaid and told her that her Medicaid waiver won't pay for home care so so she'd be better off staying after rehab. She's suppose to be getting 120 month spend money but when she ask about it they ignore her and avoid me. And when I found an assisted living facillity for her they won't give me or her her Medicaid info or id number. I'm listed as her caregiver. What can I do? Mom didn't mind staying there. Suddenly she's saying they're bieng very mean with her and she has bruises on her arms and SUDDENLY confused like over night change. She's 95 BUT has been very sharp minded. No dementia at all and alert till very recently. And all her clothes are gone.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
I have never heard of this before. The NH takes nothing. Medicaid requires certain things when applying.

When you apply for Medicaid they require that any assets be liquidated and that money pay for your care before they will pay. Life insurances with cash in value need to be cashed in. This money or any of her assets could have been used to prepay her funeral.

The spending money comes from her SS. Your state is high if they allow $120. NJ its $50. The NH must set up a PNA (Personal Needs Acct) putting $120 a month into Moms acct. She is then allowed to pull money as she wishes for what ever she wants. Soda, Candy, clothing, hair done, etc.

Medicaid will pay for Homecare if Mom qualifies, just not 24/7.

Is the AL going to except her Medicaid? If so, call the local office. Tell them the NH refuses to give u Medicaid info. They should give it to you. The home does not "own" this info.

What you need to do is call your Ombudsman. Tel, them what is going on they will investigate. In the meantime, I would pull Mom out of there.
Helpful Answer (1)

I would call the police and be prepared to move mom that day. When you speak with the police tell them that you will require 2 officers as you need one with you getting immediate access to her records and one to stay with mom. Obvious signs of physical abuse need to be addressed immediately.

I would need the police with me so I didn't take some heads off, abuse of children, animals and seniors sets me off, what the h3!! Is wrong with people.

Do this today, she could be killed by these sorry sobs.
Helpful Answer (2)

Do you already have power of attorney? If you have power of attorney, for person and for medical, for your mom, they are required to provide you the information you're requesting. Not only that, you have the right to remove her from their care any time you see fit. If you don't have power of attorney, you need to get it right away (of course, with your mom's support).

In addition to calling the Medicaid office to get information, if you suspect abuse or neglect, you should call your state's intake number to report it. The state will send someone to investigate these allegations. And, just so you're aware, abuse and neglect include not only physical abuse, but financial abuse (exploitation), as well.

I would do all of this as quickly as possible to ensure your mom's safety.
Helpful Answer (0)

This is what I found on the net....

Contact your state Medicaid agency. They can help you get replacement cards and answer your questions about what services are covered, providers to use, and how to renew your eligibility.

Call at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778), Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; or
Contact your local Social Security office.
Helpful Answer (1)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter