Why is my Mom suffering from the burning in her urine so often? - AgingCare.com

Why is my Mom suffering from the burning in her urine so often?

Mum has Al's. I treat it with Cystopurin, which neutralizes the acid in the urine. Thankfully UTI's are only very very rare, considering that I do have great difficulty encouraging Mother to take a shower. Presently it's only one shower in the forthright, and I assist because I'm petrified Mum would fall coming out of the shower tray.

29

Answers

1 2 3
Johnjo, you are doing a wonderful thing. You are right those who are not on this journey with us have no idea what a rocky road we travel. Let us know how mom is doing. On my about me page you can find my info where I write about my experiences and share. You can reach out to me anytime. Wishing you and mom a good day!

Pure aloe vera juice, jelly or the jelly inside the leaf is very safe on any part of the body, externally and also internally. It is consider to be a miracle herb for many reasons. Gratitude, Love, Joy to YOU ALL

Prior to My Mother being diagnosed with Alzheimer's in 2013, I had worked full time for 37 years as a Craftsman at heating & plumbing installations and repairs.
Those Who know Me, and that I'm a full time Caregiver to Mum, still ask Me, OH AM DO YOU GET SOME PLUMBING WORK DONE EVERY DAY, FOR YOURSELF ?? As all Carer's know if You go missing for a short while, there's an immediate May Day call out, ARE YOU THERE ? WHERE ARE YOU ? People outside Our World, think it's a walk in the park. I pray They never discover what it's like to loose Ones freedom, and become a 24/7 Carer. Lots of hugs to All You Carer's out there.

In my experience, have found barley water quite useful for UTI. There is a homeopathy medicine "Cantharis' which works fantastic for urinary Tract infections. Please consult Homeo Dr. before medication. Good day and God bless

My mothers doctor said he had heard about statins and dementia. Moms nurses father has trouble with colesterol meds and has done some research. Besides lowering cholesterol in the arteries it also effects cholesterol in the brain. Which the brain needs. Also, someone said something about hormone replacement, which my Mom had. TG I didn't have to do HR.

Doctor JC
Statins are now implicated in dementia. It happened to a friend of mine in her 70s. She played squash several times a week, practiced yoga and ate a very healthy diet. Her doctor put her on statin drugs because heart attacks "run in her family" and it would be a good preventative. I watched as sh became increasingly unable to do the most simple things. Her children planned to put her into a memory care home. She quit the statins and now she is back to her old self. Check out this web site for the side effects of statins articles.mercola/sites/articles/archive/2010/07/20/the-truth-about-statin-drugs-revealed.aspx and this one scientificamerican/article/its-not-dementia-its-your-heart-medication/
I would rather have my throat cut than take statin drugs.

Statins would not be the most likely contributor to developing dementia. In fact, it is actuarily quite the opposite. Anything that lessens cardiovascular illness reduces the likelihood of dementia.

Thanks Roberta. After I typed and posted it I also thought it would be very hard to get the OTC medicine into an elderly person. Fell down on that one. I agree with everyone else though that she needs to be seen and treated immediately.

Mom has been cared for in home for two years by CNAs (now 13 hours a day). Because she is wearing Depend and/or Poise pads and sits for most of the day, she has developed UTIs, possibly because the groin area is kept warm by these undergarments. She usually makes it to the toilet without wetting herself, so she doesn't have to change the pads more than twice a day. The CNA makes sure she has cranberry juice and stays hydrated during the day, and helps clean her after a bowel movement (important not to wipe back to front). Mom is fussy about having a daily shower and washing up in the evening (the aide helps). Aide has switched her laundry detergent to one that is fragrence and dye-free. For a while, she has been on some kind of pills that are supposed to be proactive in preventing future UTIs.

My Mom had hormone replacement. So this and statins could have contributed to her Dementia. Since estrogen makes me sick I could do it. TG

1 2 3