I’m telling her I love her all the time. I’m holding her hand. I’m putting my face next to hers. Doc says when she is fully bedbound life expectancy can range to 30 days.
Reply to paulgreg

If your mom is sleeping most of the time she's comfortable. I've instructed my daughter that if/when I get to that point, make sure my mouth stays moist and my lips aren't dry = water-soaked sponge sticks and Chapstick. It's a little extra comfort during this time.
Reply to Eyerishlass
paulgreg Dec 12, 2018
Will use both. Thank you.
(0)
Her body is shutting down. You state that she looks comfortable. If you are looking for acknowledgment, it sounds like she is doing fine. Be there for her but make sure you stay healthy. Don't forget to keep yourself nourished.
paulgreg Dec 12, 2018
Thank you. I read all your responses to everyone. Your input is very useful. And I pay attention.
(0)
Just be there. They say hearing is the last to go - tell her it's OK, tell her you love her. Play soft music if you can. Hold her hand. ((HUGS))