How can I talk to my Mom's doctor when she just had me removed from her POA?

She is getting Alzheimer's and I need it documented? We live in fl and she is 87 she also had me removed as her health care surrogate she does not know what she is doing. I am her only realitive and she is mad at me so ......

15

Answers

Banality is absolutely right, UTIs do crazy things to the elderly, it could also be the dementia. If you feel so hopeless at the moment just write the letter. We have written doctors many letters concerning my parents and not one doctor ever mentioned to patents i but could tell from the questions being asked that he had read it. good luck and I will pray for you.

Is this a change in mental status in your mom? This could be a symptom of a urinary tract infection. You need to call her doctor immediately and report these symptoms. The doctor can't talk to you but she can listen. In your shoes, I would call 911 and let the emts evaluate her mental state.

thank you all for your info. guess nothing I can do except pray that things work out for her.

ive tried. she is saying all kind of things that are not true.

Do you have a long term plan for your mom. If you are the one talking her to the doctor, does she allow you to go into the office with her. In my opinion if you are writing this letter out of love , then do it. As we all know doctirs needs as much info as possible to make a clear diagnosis. Without true input to her daily living and behavior, the diagnosis could be wrong. If you are clear in your reasons for writing this letter and only saying what you have actually seen and this is all for the benefit of your moms well being i would do it . If you are making assumptions or stating your wishes for moms future, I would think more on this. Good luck

Why is she mad at you? Might it be better to retrace your steps a bit and see if you can't patch things up?

my mom does not live with me. she lives alone. have to fix that too.. im just so upset. I can not write the dr if she will read it. no way..

Is your mother living in your home?

The MD can show it to her if he wants to or he can tear it up. His call.

thanks for your answers but my mother revoked both the poa and hcp. only one making out here is her attorney. I think I will write her dr and explain the situation. I have already talked to him about this before. Does anyone know if she will have access to read the letter I wrote to her dr?