My Mom was pulled from our home on 6/20/14 then a permanent conservatorship hearing was held which I missed. Any advice?

Now she is permanently conserved. At the temporary hearing the county council said they should sell the house which she owns to pay for her care. I was taking care of her with the blood pressure pill at night and in the morning with her Plavix pill. She wants out of the skilled nursing facility and tried to follow me when I found out I could visit her 7/1/14! By the end of the week I had a restraining order on me and now I can't visit her for three years! She's 87 btw! I talked to an attorney today and she said it is hard to get a restraining order lifted and hard to do anything about the restraining order. Then she photocopied my court papers and ended the interview.

25

Answers

1 2 3
If after supervised visits a restraining order was obtained against you, there is something wrong with you. You come across to me as twitchy, and that probably is how you present in person, thus the restraining order. My guess would be that you are on illicit stimulant drugs. Sorry to be so blunt, but I sincerely doubt that anyone is going to give you break to be around her. The restraining order and court guardianship is to protect her. That is to save mom, and you are not that person. Other people here have kindly suggested counseling for you. Take their advice, take the cure, then come back.

They were supervised visits.

I believe it was the Public Guardian.

And, I think getting some counseling would be a good start for you. You are in paid over this situation and need some help dealing with it.

Your mother's age is no explanation at all.

Maybe you could negotiate for supervised visits to your mother. Have you tried that?

The county council would conceivably be interested in the brick wall issue. Maybe they are mentioned in paperwork. But who is it that ordered your mother removed from her house?

Way too confusing for us, who haven't seen the paperwork. I think you need to accept what the lawyers say.

Savemom, see your doctor and get some counseling or a therapist. Put the pieces back together and prove yourself as a reliable person. Ask for supervised visitation of your mother. It's a start in the right direction.

savemom, sounds like you rather play games here than have us give you advice. Have a good day.

Yeah, knowing her age makes it crystal. Thanks.

My mother is 87 years old. Does that answer your question?

1 2 3