My mom is 75, and she is developing dementia, but the main problem is speech and bathroom manners, she can not control herself anymore and can not be left alone. She have no money, living with us, but we work all day....Doesn't SS provide a care for elderly? We can not effort a homecare place to put her. but need a nurse. Living in OC, Calif.
thx for your caring.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
freqflyer is right. Medicaid is your only option at this point. Be prepared, the process of applying can take months.
Helpful Answer (1)

See If your parent qualifies for Medicaid, the State might allow a trained Caregiver come in to help for a couple hours. Also check to see if your State is one of those States that has a “Cash and Counseling” program to help you out, it‘s worth looking into. Note that each State has their own rules, regulations, and programs.

Also contact your county agency on aging for programs such as Case Management, Meals on Wheels, Adult Day Care, housing, care referrals, etc,... go to the website link below.... click on your State.... now click on the city/county.
Helpful Answer (2)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter