She is other wise healthy and sharp minded. I visit her a couple times a week and she said they make things easier for her and she's around lots of people. She says her apartment is lonely. Could she just be saying this so I don't worry?

Woohoo! Start looking for independent living or assisted living apartments! She’s ready!
Reply to rocketjcat

Might be a perfect time to get her into an Assisted Living apartment. If she has any type of dementia look for a place that has a Memory Care unit so she can easily (more easily) transition to that.
Reply to Grandma1954

I agree. Don’t look for problems. There are many, many posts on here about loved ones in facilities who are miserable and very vocal and nasty about their misery. Ask her if she thinks she’d like a different living arrangement and if she says yes, start looking.

Why not just accept what she's telling you as her truth. Ask her if she wants to change her living arrangements so she's not as lonely as she just indicated to you.
Reply to vegaslady