Mom is 82 and has dementia and Alzheimer's. She can`t stay by herself. She owns a lot of property. Can she get any kind of assistance? - AgingCare.com

Mom is 82 and has dementia and Alzheimer's. She can`t stay by herself. She owns a lot of property. Can she get any kind of assistance?

2

Answers

If she owns a lot of property, she can get assistance, but she will have to pay for it. She really does need a lawyer and a power of attorney. Good luck.

You need to see an Elder Attorney so she can get all her finances and medical wishes in order.

• People with Alzheimer's and dementia often experience difficulty with recalling the names and faces of their family, friends, and professional care team. In some cases, though, all they need is a little help to mentally connect the dots.
  • As a dementia patient, I can still handle the chaos of Christmas Day, but I expect there will come a time when I can no longer cope.
  • The AgingCare.com forum is filled with people coming together to share valuable information. We’ve compiled experienced caregivers’ best tips for medications that may help minimize dementia behaviors like wandering.