Mom's coming to live with me and bring my brother and 4 pets. She told me its my turn to take care of her and my brother as she is broke.

53

Answers

1 2 3 4 5
Yes, think of your daughter! You sound like a very giving person, but there are limits to what you can do. hugs

I do hope and pray all these bits of advice that are telling you NOT to let them move in and take over your life (which they will SURELY do if you allow one foot in) will be enough to strengthen your resolve so they don't ruin your life -- AND YOUR DAUGHTER'S LIFE!!!!!!

You don't OWE your mother or brother anything. The way I see it, your family feels entitled (it sounds like it with your mother's ungrateful attitude) and will probably outlive you should you allow them and their pets to move in with you. You cannot save the world, nor can you save people who were not responsible with their life who expect YOU to pick of the pieces of the mess they've made. Your family needs to find alternate living arrangements. Why is it always the responsible ones who have to lose out in the end for the irresponsible behavior of those around them. DON'T DO IT!!!

Tell Mom sorry, you can come but not the brother. Keep the pets with brother. You need to develop a backbone fast. Your brother and his kids will do to you what they did to your mother, bleed you dry. Your responsibility is to your mother only. If she doesn't like it, tough. your house your rules, I'm sure she taught you that.

Do not let your mom guilt you into this situation. Let her know she is welcome and she has to make a choice for only one of her pets. Tell her that your brother has to stand on his own. It sounds like your mom has been the enabler for your brother or your brother has taken advantage of her. Let your mom make this choice or let her know she needs to seek other arrangements for her and your brother.

Coco: You need to get on the phone and tell them emphatically "NO, you are not coming to my house!" I had a lot more that I wanted to add to that, but I was afraid my post would be removed from the site!!!!!

Coco, your family sounds like nothing but freeloaders. They have successfully bankrupted Mom and themselves so they are like termites moving on to the next meal to devour and destroy! God as my witness Coco I would get on that phone and get Mom on it an tell her that if they show up at your house, you will have Sheriff's standing by to have them removed! I would not give a ____ what Mom has to say about bringing in your 59 year old brother and his brood, IT WOULD BE LOUD AND CLEAR THAT THEY ARE NOT WELCOME!

I have seen and heard about this far too many times in past years and this is where I would DRAW THE LINE! You already work you rear off every single day just to live, do you really want them to move in and eat your food, run up bills and wind up costing you your home, and your sanity?

If your Mom and bother are so poor then they can apply for and obtain welfare or some type of assistance right where they are since they already have residence there. If they come to your state then they probably cannot get anything for a period of time until they establish residency.

Stand your ground Coco and get rough if you have to and you are going to have to mean it. Call the Sheriff or police and ask what can be done to get them out if they pile in, but honestly I would not let it get that far, I WOULD MAKE IT LOUD AND CLEAR THAT BROKE MAMA AND BROTHER CAN SEEK ANOTHER PLACE BECAUSE YOUR HOME IS NOT THEIR WELFARE STATE!

I apologize if my bluntness on this matter is hurtful to you but I do not want to see this happen to you! It just kills me how some people feel that you just have to open your home to everyone so they can basically pull you down to their level. DON'T DO IT, DON'T DO IT, DON'T DO IT!

If you agree to this, you may well be signing your own death warrant. You will definitely be signing over every cent you have ever had. You don't have to move. JUST SAY NO! Tell them you can't do it and stick to your guns. Tell them to look into social services that may be available, but do not, under any circumstances, take then in.

I think you need to cut off contact with these grifters. If you even have them over for dinner, or pay for one night at a motel and a ticket home or ANYTHING I think it will be a slippery slope that will quickly end up with you penniless and then dead. I think your safest bet is to get a restraining order if they come to your town. They sound like master manipulators that could trick a person easily if given a chance.
Love and healing and strength and luck to you dear Coco, you are wonderful and deserve only good things in your life.

Just say NO is exactly what I wanted to say! Please stick to it. You have done so much!

Just say NO. Say it again NO and if they barge through the door, have the sheriff remove an "unwelcome guest". You have done your part, enough is enough.

1 2 3 4 5