If she can't stand on her own and use her walker. I don't know what to do.

I have tried and I can not lift her. I feel very alone with no answers in sight. Please anyone with suggestions???

Find Care & Housing
Social Worker at hospital can help w placement. & insurance will pay for a short term stay. While there, apply for Medicaid
Helpful Answer (2)
Reply to CaregiverL

I second what Joy says. You don't have to navigate this on your own. Talk to the social work/discharge planning department today.

And let us know what they say. We care!
Helpful Answer (5)
Reply to BarbBrooklyn

Speak with the social worker at the hospital where your mom is. Explain to them that you are not able to care for your mother at home; that it would not be a safe place for her. You will havee to file for Medicaid. The Social Worker should find a place where Mom can be admitted Medicaid Pending.
Helpful Answer (6)
Reply to Ahmijoy

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter