All this happened within 3 days and hospital says they can’t keep her because insurance won’t pay. They say it has to heal at home and she can’t be hospitalized for 6 weeks for this. She’s 91, frail and not very mobile to begin with. But they say if they can get her up and moving she’ll be released. Papers were just filed with Medicaid and we are waiting for word of an opening to a nursing home. What can be done in a case like this? Can you literally refuse to take her back into the home? Would appreciate any input from anyone that has either been through this or knows anything that can help. We’re at our wits end here. HELP!