Does Medicare help pay for a lift recliner chair?

A person who is disabled and on Medicare. If yes, how much would they pay towards the price of a chair? Also I want to know if a doctor's note or prescription is needed. thank you. Angelina

22

Answers

1 2 3
When we bought our lift chair we had a prescription and my grandmom was on medicare. If the chair cost $600 they paid about $100. But this was 20 yrs ago so I am not sure what they pay now. At that time we bought the chair thru a medical supply co. Now you can buy them almost anywhere. Maybe others will have more current info.

What do I do about getting a lift chair

I have Medicaid and Medicare and SSI disability what do I do about getting a lift chair

Seven years ago my brother and I bought a lift recliner for our father as a Christmas gift. Dad had started to sleep in his old recliner because it made breathing easier - but the chair was so old and falling apart - it began to mess with his back. We sprang for the lift style in anticipation of woes to come - and were we ever right! That chair has out lived my dad and is now with mom in her NH. The chair is were mom spends most of her time, feet up - even naps in it. Mom has problems with the control remote and in under two months has blasted two holes in the wall behind the chair - we wish they'd quit fixing the hole as its just gonna keep happening - we pull it further away from the wall every visit but it keeps working its way back. Regardless - using that lift function is the only way brother, myself and staff can get her up out of the chair due to bone on bone arthritis in her hip. Back when we bought it, it was prior to my parents serious decline and words like Medicare weren't even in mine or my brothers vocabulary. We paid $1,000, at the time at to date it is the best money we've ever spent in regards to my parents care and comfort. If the Medicare process and forms are delaying things - and you can afford the couple hundred dollars they would have paid - just buy the chair, it's worth it!

Medicare gives them for free with a doctors rx. I LOVE it!

Medicare provided a hourr lift for my mom. Crank style. I found it too hard to do with one person but my mom was small. Don't know if they still cover it

Reverseroles - where did you get the hoyer lift..how much are they? My dad has parkinsons and some days can't move. I am not sure exactly what i need. Thanks!

They are pretty cheap at sams club online or Bobs furniture. I had one, sold it when we got a hoyer lift. Good luck.

Yes smcbeth1 is correct. But they will only pay for one. Our first that they paid for broke and i had to purchase the second. Found one in clearance at raymour and flanagan for only $520.

Yes. They will pay for the lift mechanism and you buy the chair. Need a doctors prescription and go somewhere who takes medicare.

1 2 3