My boyfriend is disabled and I need to work, so how do I go about asking the State or Medicare to pay for in home health care with my daughter as his care giver?

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
It is my understanding that Medicare will only help out if a doctor requests home help care, but Medicare would only send out a certified caregiver from one of their approved agencies for a few hours a week.

As for the State, you would need to see if your boyfriend qualified for Medicaid. If yes, then Medicaid would send out a caregiver or Aide from an approved agency to help out a few hours during the week.

You could also contact your county agency on aging, if your boyfriend is a senior citizen, for programs such as Case Management, Meals on Wheels, Adult Day Care, housing, care referrals, etc,... go to the website link below.... click on your State.... now click on the city/county.

Otherwise, if you want your daughter to be paid by your boyfriend, your boyfriend could always pay her a salary to be his caregiver. They would need to draw up an employment contract, and also decide who will be paying the payroll taxes.

And please come back to the forums if you or your daughter have any Caregiving questions, we would be more than happy to share our experiences with you, and give you ideas on what to do.
Helpful Answer (1)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter