If a bill is paid for, can Medicaid still cover it and the person get money back?

Let's say you didn't have your medicaid card on you, and you payed a bill upfront because you had to, will medicaid cover for it and you can get your money back?

22

Answers

1 2 3
if i had a tourist visa and i was covered by medicaid for my baby , and now i would like to reimburse medicaid because i was nor=t supposed to have medicaid and he consular have cancelled my visa

If I pay for a prescription can Medicaid reimburse me on it

If I paid for a prescription can Medicaid reimburse me for it

To answer your question yes. You can even be reimbursed for medical bills that occured up to 3 months prior to getting approved for medicaid. Call your case manager to get instructions on how to file. You may have to go to the place you received care show them your card and have them bill for services, they would them reimburse you what you paid.

Yes. If the office accepts Medicaid. They have to submit your claim to Medicaid once you give them your card. They also have to return your money and instead take whatever Medicaid gives them , which will be less. They are not allowed to bill you the difference. If they give you a hard time about this at all, threaten to report them to the Medicaid fraud department. They'll comply then.

how do you get a medicaid form

The physician's office should not have asked for payment upfront even if you did not have your card if you had been there before, because they already have all the eligibility info in their system. Even if they did not have eligibilty dates, it is a quick call o Medicid to chek eligibility. Regardless, the Physician should bill Medicaid. Once he gets payment from them, then he/she would need to send you a refund. With electronic claims submissions, etc. it cn take at least 30 days depending on the size and type of practise before you get a refund, but you will need to stay on top of it.

Have the provider submit to medicaid. When they are paid by medicaid, they should refund your money. If they give you a problem, report them to the Medicaid office. They do not want to lose their ability to take medicaid.

If you respond promptly yes....happened to me.

People are getting Medicare and Medicaid confused. You can be refused service if you don't show your card. This is to protect the doctor. Medicaid can stop at anytime. From one visit to ànother. Same with people on Medicare under the age of 65. Situations change. Like suggested, call Medicaid.

1 2 3