Medicaid - what is a bank home evaluation? - AgingCare.com

Medicaid - what is a bank home evaluation?

The bank just found out the exes mom is on Medicaid. They are sending out an evaluator tomorrow (there is a mortgage and loc on the property). What is the difference between an appraisal and evaluation? Also, why would the bank suddenly do this if payments are up to date?

35

Answers

1 2 3 4
Take a breath. You have come so far and separated so well. Let The State figure it out. You documented everything. The investigators can do the job they should have been doing. Take care of you.
Reply to Guestshopadmin

Guest, since you understand my train of thought. They made my ex and I pay "rent" for the barn on same property but different address for storing equiment since he was self employed. So, i 1099, misc rental income, every year and transmitted a 1096 by certified mail and have the green signature receipt still. Honestly, at the point I did this, I was in pure protection mode and was trying to get her kicked off Medicaid while expenses were low. Waiver knew about the income and didnt report it to DHS....it wasnt really income and told his parents they were on SS so they didnt need to file taxes and they didnt. So I feel they all should go down. I have hard copies of any accounting work and an audit trail in both quickbooks and dynamics.
Reply to tacy022

You wait for a subpoena. You provided evidence. The state chose not to act. You have evidence of non-involvement for years. I would report any documents that may have been signed with your name as forgery. You might drop a dime to the IRS if money was not properly paid on taxes...but you have a lawyer and you can file suit against the state if they attempt to compel you. But I would get far away from your ex, he sounds like he is every bit as bad just weak. I wish I had been wrong, but my hubs family full of skimmers and grifters too. Busy not taking care of things free they can pay for...
Reply to Guestshopadmin

Lol Barb. That is my problem...they are con artists and the state is just as bad. I reported them yet that is not online but the fact is if you google my name a fake police report on me is out there because of the family and state. Where do i draw the line and what do I do? This is alot of pent up rage.
Reply to tacy022

Tacy; GRIFTERS!!!!!!!!!!

Stay strong Tacy!!
Reply to pamzimmrrt

So, today was my day from hell. I went to work at 3 am and was going to leave by 10:30 after a meeting. I tripped, fell and some metal piece of an e-cigarette went through my hand and I spent a couple hours at the clinic getting my hand wrapped up a a tetnus shot so needless to say, I am not in the greatest of moods.

I get home and there is a business card on my door from MDHHS special investigator. At this point, I am furious and call the person. After a couple hours of phone tag, we speak. He started asking about the roof, finances and potential fraud. I completely lost it, I told him all of it had been reported dates, times oh and in Michigan it is legal to record phone conversations so those too...and they failed to act.  They didnt listen, they allowed police to harass me, physical violence and verbal abuse by family and agencies and legal fees....so why does he think I want to cooperate when they did it to themselves (family and state). Btw, big brotherand DG signed money for an easement after my involvement. I am meeting with him tomorrow with lawyer who has additional documentation. I have been shaking with rage most of the afternoon. So Guest, your right, they thought they had a fall guy.
Reply to tacy022

I think Medicaid is wondering if the life insurance policy actually bought a roof and is concerned that any settlement for easement, etc. would quickly go *poof*. Good job defending yourself Tacy. I have a feeling that DG and her flying monkeys are trying to find a fall guy for malfeasance....
Reply to Guestshopadmin

Glad, this might be the answer to Joann's question about compensation. Perhaps it's made when the pipeline is planned. I've never been involved in that phase, so I was unaware of any compensation. Even if I had been, through work, typically those costs were handled by the developer and the law firms I worked for wouldn't have been involved with the utilities unless we were handing the construction draws, which we were in some cases, but it's been so long ago I don't recall any payments being made to property owners.

Interesting.

We have a liquid gas pipeline coming through. Each property owner is being compensated, per foot, for an easement. I have seen several since I have been here.
Reply to gladimhere

1 2 3 4