We moved to Switzerand to help my Husbands aging father. He had lost sight in one eye from a fall, has edema, a frozen right shoulder, swollen feet up to his knees. His father in a video (to entice us to come here) said he wanted to live with us, share in the expense and sell his dilapidated house. He make my husband his POA and we rented our house here (with extra bedroom and bath to accomodate his dad). We rented our house in the states, move a few pallets of belongings here and moved into our house. One week after we were here the father announces he will not be moving in with us. My husband is an in remission cancer patient, 100% disabled, I am 73, and we have a 21 yr old adult disabled child. We have been here 2+ years catering to this father. He has a service that comes in the morning to wash his feet and put on compression hose. In the evening WE go to his house to remove them. His house is a pigs sty. His heat is a wood burning stove that our son frequently stocks wood for. He is condescending to my husband and tells him how he cannot manage his life. He is crude, selfish and really put us in a bind. He has one male friend that visits him and brings him a beer or a cigar. The father has been married to a Thai woman who does not live there and is just waiting for him to die to see what she can get. It's a horrible situation. I found an architect who wants to buy the property. Selling this pig sty would allow the father to live in assisted living, in a clean, healthy environment where he would has regular meals and medical care. He refuses to sell this dump. My husband says he would feel guilty to have his father evaluated by authorities because he still has "free will". This will not end good, I know it. Were it my father, I would have long ago called someone to evaluate his situation because it is deplorable, unsafe and unhealthy. He still pays his bills, and will shop for food if someone takes him. How long do we wait? When is the RIGHT TIME? We are at our wits end.