Where can I find financial programs for my mom who is on ss and has no assets? I am her only relative and my finances are limited. - AgingCare.com

Where can I find financial programs for my mom who is on ss and has no assets? I am her only relative and my finances are limited.

I brought my Mom (79 years old) to live with me several years ago. She has macular degeneration. She is not bedridden but needs daily assist

1

Answer

depending on her needs you can get a caregiver that will be paid by the state in Mo. . Go to social service dept of aging, or family welfare service. he has als and gets s.s. needs 24 hour care but they will only pay for 9 hrs a day 7 days a week, the rest is up to you. so depending on their scale of need they will pay if you pay spend down. which you would have to pay from her s.s. but it has hepled us a lot.