Has anyone had to keep time sheets of care for their parent?

I feel behind now the state wants them.. how closely do they look at them? The days went by and I slacked off as the days all seemed the same.. Now I have to fill in 2 years worth of details...
all to prove that I have been caring for my mother.. and Title 19
Its the last think I have to do. and its stressing me out.. do they really do line by line.

30

Answers

1 2 3
Sounds like a 'waiver' program. contact your local area agency on aging for more info.

I agree with the above response. Typically care is the same each day, get up, bathed, dressed, toileting, meals, laundry etc... dr. appts. and shopping for supplies, food etc. Most places have a tracking sheet with a billing code. I'm not sure what is required by your state. I would think that you would be able to recreate, it probably sounds more overwhelming than it actually is. Good luck.

aimeejo55 dont forget to keep your own accounts for the IRS hun

I just quit my job. I took this part-time job to pay for my own health insurance. I told my mom that I would charge her $200/week to care for her. She is OK with that since I quit my other job to take care of her. I begin my "new" job on Monday. I will make sure everything is documented. The VA gave me a guideline sheet to help me. I'm not out to rip my mom off. I just need to sustain the part-time income I had while I was working in the real world.

Another detail, on separate sheet I have her medications & vitamins, all listed for times and some need to be empty stomach, others with a meal, etc. So her whole day is mapped out (unfortunately ) according to just about 2 hour increments with a different med or meal. On top of sheet there is space to note any doctor appts coming up. And her main dr phone info, as well as pharmacy. On bottom of page is space to note any health issues (like diarrhea, bruise on wrist, sore gums, etc) I fill out most of these but we also have 1 paid caregiver who also fills out.

Oh and that does not include laundry, shopping, gardening, decorating, cleaning (dusting and vacuuming) nipping out to get this or that for her and by this and that I mean something like needing additional pad from the chemist about 800 yards away

I do exactly the same mallory but I have my day mapped out in half hours in the ros and activities in the columns then all I do is colour the relevant square and I note the time it takes in a final column for the time then all I do is total the column - My day is always above 7 hours and sometimes as much as 12 worst it has been has been 18 with a working week USUALLY around 56-60 hours long

I keep a time sheet for when I do things for my mom. At first I tried to do it on my desktop PC, that was a disaster cause it took longer for the damn thing to turn on than it tool to enter the notes. So I changed to good old paper & pen. I made an Excel spreadsheet with space for date, time & hours on top. Then all along left third of page I listed about 25 activities I frequently do for my mom (medication check/reminder, calls for doctor, drive to doctor, take shopping, pick up mail, take out garbage, etc). On the right 2/3 of page is a dotted line for notes specific to these activities for that Date. On bottom 4 lines of page is space for any special notes for that Date. Guess what? For me, this is WAAAY faster and more likely to get filled out. Plus when I get a good stack of them (at least monthly ) I can pop the whole bunch into printer to scan and save as a file on the recalcitrant desktop. So I do have a good system going. I also have a separate notebook for all the store receipts, depends receipts (I order online), and any expenses in have had to pay for her....just in case we need to do Medicaid within 5 yrs I will be all set.

P.S. Sense of humor even in the most difficult circumstances can save one's sanity.

Here is a sample timesheet FYI:
The 36 hour day x 365 days per year =11,240 hours. Got any questions?

Cindyoh, I did the same arrangement as you have now, first I was being paid by an organization but when they restructured it, they wanted my mother to pay for me, which she could not afford anyway, They wanted to pull like 25.00/hr from her to pay, then pay me 12.00/hr. That made no sense and was a complete ripoff to me, why pay an agency to pay me, my mother could just pay me 12./hr - made no sense. Opted out of that, and went through the medicaid way, got more hrs and more hourly rate from the state and mom pays nothing.

1 2 3