How to keep elderly retired persons engaged? - AgingCare.com

How to keep elderly retired persons engaged?

Like a questionnaire for assessing areas of interests of elderly retired persons. There are amany elderly couples or individuals living alone with their children abroad. They tend to suffer from depressions and ill health due to feeling of exclusion. I am looking to engage such persons in activities they love to do or would love to do. I am also looking for a questionnaire to assess individual interests and needs.

2

Answers

I am promoting a professional caregiver organisation. My experience with lonely elders have been that depression sets in due to lack of meaningful activity / companionship etc. There are old age associations where I wish to facilitate meaningful engagement so that they wake up in the morning with an activity to look forward to. In order to do this it will be important to assess " engagementneeds" of individuals that will keep them fulfilled,

What specifically is your role, interest and profession? Are you a paid activities director or caregiver? How do you plan to identify and approach these folks?

If you want to create a questionnaire, I think the best way to garner answers that have been posted here is to use the search function at the right hand top of the page and look for "activities" to search for previous posts as well as admin articles.

• Halloween is a holiday that people of all ages look forward to. Use these tricks and treats to include your loved ones in the festivities this year.
  • Fall is a great opportunity for outings and activities that seniors and family caregivers can enjoy together. Celebrate autumn with these fun crafts, seasonal foods and refreshing ideas.
  • The aging brain can continue to function actively and effectively if we recognize its needs for nutrition, challenge, reducing stress, exercise and more. Use these tips to improve memory and cognitive function.
  • Gardening is a popular hobby, but bending, kneeling and working the soil can become physically challenging with age. Discover tips from experienced gardeners on how to adapt this activity to help an elderly loved one continue exercising their green thumb.