What have been your experiences with isolating c-diff patients in a SNF? - AgingCare.com

What have been your experiences with isolating c-diff patients in a SNF?

My MIL fell and broke her hip at her SNF. She picked up c-diff in the hospital. She has now been returned to the SNF and I would like to know what procedures any of you have seen in nursing homes for protecting the rest of the population. I was surprised in the hospital that personnel entered her room, touched her and left using only the alcohol hand disinfectant when they left. I was told that the alcohol disinfectant had no effect on c-diff. One of the nurses at the SNF was wanting MIL in the dining room for meals. My MIL is one of those dementia patients who gets in hands into "everything" which I would think makes her a special risk for contact.

1

Answer

Hello OncehatedDIL,
I found a previously asked question that is similar to yours in which one of our experts answered. I hope you find it helpful.

https://www.agingcare.com/questions/prevent-getting-cdiff-nursing-home-155550.htm

I wish you the best,
The AgingCare.com Team