Is there any agency to help with caregiving? -

Is there any agency to help with caregiving?


I have a friend that cares for her mother and my friend is in her 70s herself. She can't go anywhere or travel due to taking care of her elderly mother. I feel bad for my friend any advice?



Jenny, can your friend's Mother be able to budget for a caregiver to come to the house? Even if it is one shift per day, or every other day, it will give your friend a break. Agency caregivers cost run between $25-$30/per hour.

Or your friend can check to see if her Mom can qualify for Medicaid [which is different from Medicare]. Medicaid might be able to send out an Aide for a few hours each week. But honestly, a senior shouldn't be taking care of an older senior. She will crash and burn from exhausting. I know I did doing the senior/senior caring.

Medicaid could pay for room, board, and care. But if your friend's Mother has a house, later down the road Medicaid could put a lien on the house.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to freqflyer

Google "area agency on aging" for your friend's county or city. That should be a good place to start to see what might be available in your friend's area. Good luck!
Helpful Answer (3)
Reply to SnoopyLove