This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
If he's a Vet, Aid and Attendance is approved for middle and lower income Vets. However, all income levels benefit from Priority Group 4 benefits for Catastrophically Disabled Veterans. That will automatically qualify him for in-home respite care, at no cost to you, REGARDLESS of your financial status.
Helpful Answer (1)

Of course, you could pay your sister using a caregiver agreement. There are examples on the site. Are you looking for public funded programs that will pay? You can see if he qualifies for Medicaid. At home care programs exist in some states but you have to qualify as at need financially. Some have long waiting lists for at home waivers; pay is minimal and usually no benefits. Your Area Agency on Aging might have a list of local programs. You could check with the VA if he had military service to see if he qualifies for Aid & Attendance. Programs are usually 2-4 hours a couple times a week. Does he have Medicaid and a case manager you could ask? Medicare won’t pay families for most at home custodial care.
Helpful Answer (3)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter