Follow
Share
This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Thanks JoAnn, and here is the current info from the medicare dot gov page

Days 21–100: $167.50 coinsurance per day of each benefit period. Sorry Pinky et.al.
Helpful Answer (0)
Report

Geewiz, Medicare only pays 50% from 21 to 100 days. Hopefully supplimental will pick up balance but Mom was on a share so had to pay 150 out of pocket.
Helpful Answer (0)
Report

Hi Pinky, can you be more specific with your question?
Are you talking about the length of stay for rehab after a hospitalization that is covered by medicare? Can you tell us more?
For post hospital rehab, Medicare will pay for the first 20 days in full. BUT the patient must be showing progress and cooperating. The rehab sets the goals. Once the patient reaches the goals, rehab is pretty much done. If goals have not been met, and the first 20 days are over, Medicare will pay 80% of the bill up to day 100. Often, secondary insurance will pay for a piece of the remaining 20% .
Not sure if this is what you are asking ...
Helpful Answer (0)
Report

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter