Is there a free home repair service for seniors?

I could use a community list of volunteers or church organizations that would come into my home and do home repairs or upgrades for free.

6

Answers

You could contact a local trade school or contractors group and see if they could help with some of the repairs without charge. It may depend on the extent of the repairs required.
Reply to OldSailor

Thanks, Tacy.

Reply to tacy022

I recall posting on a duplicate thread  a few days ago. There already were a few answers then. I also remember that the thread was posted twice, but I can't find the other thread.   Maybe the dulicate was deleted by Admins.

Gertiemae, check with your local agency on aging to see if they have a list of volunteers who are willing to do odd jobs around the house. As for upgrades, chances are whatever needs to be replaced would be replaced with the same grade level.

I know that we all wish we could stay in our current home, but there comes a time when the home just starts to cost too much to maintain.... volunteers probably wouldn't replace plumbing, put on a new roof, or install a new furnace. It's just something to think about for the future.

Your location is a tiny pinpoint on the geographic map at this multinational website. You will need to check your local resources but one or two people may be able to help if you give us the city or county where you live