Neurologist said since my husband sometimes picks off the Exelon patch, we should stop it for a week and see if he gets any worse!! He claims drug companies used to recommend using Exelon patch AND Namenda, which my husband also gets. Now the drug companies say it is not necessary to use both. I told the Dr. I would use up the 2 month supply we have (at $500 per month) and then make a decision. PCP and pharmacist say my decision is OK, but stop short of saying the neurologist is wrong or the drug companies have changed their recommendations. Anyone have experience with this?