I want to show appreciation but we would need to include about 6 people, and so can’t be huge....

Ask the executive director. Some places have a donation pool where families can donate cash to be distributed as perks. If it is a medical facility, some states have laws against it. If you cannot get an answer, consider plates of edible treats but make sure there is one for each shift.

Morally and Ethically, they are not allowed to accept gifts.
Just saying.
Reply to smeshque

When I worked at a facility we often received fruit baskets, baked goods, candy etc. at the holidays, money wasnt allowed.
Reply to ChrissyB

I use to give a large box of See’s chocolates for the staff to share in their break room. Always included was a nice Christmas card with a
personal message thanking them for all their hard work.
Reply to Rainmom

No, it is not expected but appreciated. I would send an Edible Arrangement for all to share. Or a fruit basket? Individual gifts are not a good idea and can get costly.
Reply to gladimhere

I would think they are not allowed to except money or gifts. I am a baker so I took the staff a tray of cookies and pumpkin bread.